Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Top 3 TBR




This week we are going to try to do the impossible feat of narrowing our TBR lists to the top 3 books we want to read in 2016.  Because this is a hard list, do not be shocked if we fudge and group a few under a series or author.  This is hard you-all! 

EM

In 2016 I have quiet a list I want to get through.  A list that keeps getting longer every time I hit our library bookstore.  (Just wait for my monthly book haul post later this month) So, with that said - 

Finish the Maze Runner Books - I started this book before Comic Con last year, and even though it is not my favorite book of 2015, I want to finish the books.  And more so before the rest of the movies.  BOOKS BEFORE MOVIES KIDS!


Finish the How To Train Your Dragon Series  (of books to date)  -  I'm already 4 books into this series and I am loving them.  Funny quick reads, and if you have kids (or still act like one) pick them up and read them!  (also there are 8 books I still need to read, so you get a pick of this box set that is on my Amazon wishlist) 


Oh boy, this last one is HARD cause I really can't think how to pick one out of these piles here.  I think I am going with The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. - I have, shockingly never read these books, and always wanted to, so better start now(ish).  There IS 14 books total, but I am going to start with the first and see how that goes.  

Mel

There is so many I would love to get to this year, but there is just not enough time in my schedule to actually complete all these books. So here are the top 3 books I would like to get to this year.

First thing I hope to accomplish reading this year is to finish the books I own by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. She was one of the first authors I truly love reading. Owning 13 of her books and have read 8 of them. I am hoping to finish reading the rest of her books that I own before continuing in reading more of her books.  
 All Just Glass (Den of Shadows, #7) Poison Tree (Den of Shadows, #8) Promises to Keep (Den of Shadows, #9) 
Falcondance (The Kiesha'ra, #3) Bloodwitch (The Maeve’ra, #1)

Second group of books by an author that I wish to finish this year is to finally complete reading all of the Brandon Sanderson books that I currently own. (This doesn't include the new releases coming out this year. Which I am also hope to completing this year. I came to love Sanderson's writing last year and wasn't able to complete reading the books I own of his. I am hoping to complete that this year.

Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) The Rithmatist (Rithmatist, #1) Alcatraz Omnibus (Alcatraz #1-4)

Lastly, I wish to read complete (or get close to completing) all of the Laurell K. Hamilton books I own in the Anita Black series. Now this one is going to be more of a challenge. With 25 books in the series so far, the latest one coming out this year. It's one of the longest series I have started. I currently stand in reading book 8th in the series. However, I own up to book 17 of the series. I am hoping to read up to that book in the series. Seeing if I would wish to continue in the series. With these books it brings my total of 18 books. Hope I can accomplish this challenge.

 Blue Moon (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #8) Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #17)
Starting with book 8th (Blue Moon) and ending with book 17 (Skin Trade).








0 comments:

Post a Comment