Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Get Offa That Slump Challenge: Reviewy Your Favorite Book Ever (March 16th) Mistborn


Reviewing a favorite book is a very had thing to do for the reason that a favorite book constantly changes for me. It's hard to pick one specific book. So I will write a review for my favorite book ever at the moment (because knowing me it may change in a few months). Although I love the Harry Potter series it would be too hard for me to choose one specific book in the series and review it. I would be going back and forth deciding which of the series I would like to review. So I have decided to pick another book.

I was torn between two books in this post it came down to Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and The Final Empire (Misborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson. The book that has everything I love a book should have about pop culture or the book that started my obsession with fantasy and everything involving Brandon Sanderson. With a hard decision I have chosen The Final Empire.

The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)Title: The Final Empire (Mistborn #1)
Author: Brandon Sanderson
Release: July 25th 2006
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 647
Format: Paperback
Where to find it:
Series: Yes - Mistborn
Summary: In a world where ash falls from the sky, and mist dominates the night, an evil cloaks the land and stifles all life. The future of the empire rests on the shoulders of a troublemaker and his young apprentice. Together, can they fill the world with colour once more?
In Brandon Sanderson's intriguing tale of love, loss, despair and hope, a new kind of magic enters the stage— Allomancy, a magic of the metals. (goodreads)

Thoughts:
This was the book that started it all. My obsession to everything that is Brandon Sanderson. I finish reading this book on September 21, 2014.  It open my eyes to a whole new world (Disney song in head... lol).

I always love fantasy worlds. But never really thought about the magic system and the rules behind a magic system until I read this series. I loved Harry Potter and I loved the world. The richness of the characters and the imagination of being a wizard. But this world is different in the way that it states the cruel reality of what if the bad guy won. If he was the one who rule the world and that is what we see in this world. We see the dictatorship of a world that was taken over. But not everything is what it seems. That is why I love this book so much.

As a reader we are lead to believe one thing about the story but we end up finding out something completely different which I have never read anything like this before. This book was my introduction to a world of fantasy that I never thought excited. It open doors to other worlds that I didn't know of and made me more open to read other type of books and not just one genre or one group of books. Now my reading is more diverse and not set into one narrow minded type.

What I love most about this group that it has so many different characters in the story that we end up carrying for. We end up loving every single one and we end up questioning what the morals of those characters also. I also love that they don't make a specific character more important than the others they all play a part in the story and without one the other won't be able to succeed.

I do say that if you don't really like fantasy this book may not be for you. It is a heavy read and there is different perspectives. But the writing and the outcome of the story is so worth reading this book for. You will fall in love with Brandon Sanderson's writing. The way that he just pulls you in and doesn't let you go. At the end of the story you want more and you don't want it to end.

I continue on and on in with telling you how amazing this book is but I don't really want to give much away. I didn't really know much about the story as I read the book. I think that is what made it so amazing. I went in not knowing what the book was about only that people loved it and that it was about what if the dark lord won the battle and I was instantly drawn into the story line.
The best part of this series is that it's still continuing and it will continue for a long while with 6 books out in the series out so far he is still planning 7 more in the series and may even add more as time goes on. So we will be in the Mistborn world for a long while.


Give it a try you may end up loving it as much as I do. If you have read it, what are your thoughts about the book? Did you enjoy it? What is your favorite book? Is it to hard to just pick one?

2 comments: