Monday, March 14, 2016

Get Offa That Slump Challenge: Do a Book Tag (March 14th) - Unpopular Opinion Tag


For this challenge I will be doing the Unpopular Opinion book Tag created by TheBookArcher.

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like. 
I didn't like A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J Mass. I think what ruin it for me was all the hype surrounding the book I was expecting too much of the book. I also think that the book felt too rush and try to fit a formula. She try to make the main character something that she wasn't and I didn't like how she force the relationship.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
It's hard to find a book that people hated. But a book that I actually enjoyed was The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. There is a lot of people that dislike this book but in my opinion I thought it was interesting. It really got in the mind of people in this town and how this small community work. I think the reason people didn't like it was because they were expecting too much from the book. What Rowling was doing in this book was focusing on just a small group of people in a small little town and I thought it was really interesting.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.
I DISLIKE TRIANGLES in general. Sometimes I do read a book with a love triangle but I usually try to avoid them. If there is a love triangle in the description or I read from a reviewer that there is a love triangle I usually don't read the book. It has to be a real interesting book for me to read in order for me to read it and if I do read the book they usually end up with the person that I like them with.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Contemporary. It's unusual when I pick up a contemporary. I really need to be in the mood for it. It's more of an in to moment thing to read.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
I think it's a tie between Clary and Jace from The Mortal Instruments. I just think the other characters in the series are more interesting. Although, Jace does have a more interesting story line I just don't really enjoy it as much as I enjoy the minor characters in the story line.

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.
Sarah J Mass. I try reading two of her books and they were not the best things of the world for me. I really didn't get A Throne of Glass and really disliked A Court of Thorn and Roses. Her covers of her books are beautiful but I just really don't didn't enjoy them.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
The chosen one that knows everything and get's everything on the first try. I would like to see the person with the journey struggle. I don't like that they usually pick up everything so easily. No one picks up things so easily. Also, the love triangle. Hate it. Like why is it necessary. When do you actually see that. I can just go one with this question. Like the trope of "hiding it from the other person" it gets on my nerve. It would be interesting to read a story if the characters would communicate.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Shatter Me series. I don't know why. It just doesn't interest me enough to read the book series.

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The Maze Runner. I really loved the movie. The book read more as a movie script than a book so I was very happy with the movie adaptation.

What do you guys think about my answers? Do you agree or disagree? Do you guys have a few of your own that you guys would like to share?

0 comments:

Post a Comment