Monday, March 21, 2016

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo | Review

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

Title: Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Release: September 29, 2015
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 465
Format: Hardback
Series: Yes - (Six of Crows)
Summary: Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Kaz's crew are the only ones who might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.(goodreads)

Thoughts:
This book was confusing at the beginning. I didn't really know where the story was leading. I didn't really know what the book was really about. It was feeling different than the description of the book. I wasn't really enjoying the beginning of the book. I don't know if it was because of the hype that the book has or because I felt that I was missing information. I feel like I would have gotten more of it if I would have read the authors other series also. Would have understand the world a little better.

This book takes place in the same world has her previous series but none of her characters are connected. The book did started picking up after 100 pages in. But I feel like that is too much to read in a story to actually feel pulled into the story line.

The characters were interesting and I did feel like knowing more about them. As we develop more into the story we do get more and more into the story and we find out more about the characters. That is a thing that I liked about the story, the characters. That is what actually kept me invested in the story. As the story progress the characters got more and more interesting. They kept me invested in the story. They made me want to know more about them.

As for the story I felt like it was trying to hard to become a heist book when in reality it wasn't. It felt like something else.

I heard this book in an audiobook format and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed that there were different narrators for the story. That made the story more interesting and more entertaining to hear. If you can't get into the book by reading it I suggest to hearing the book. It was very entertaining and the voices fit the characters so well.

I will be continuing the series. I am looking forward how this story will end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment