Friday, March 18, 2016

The Mighty Thor Vol. 1 by Jason Aaron | Review

The Mighty Thor, Vol. 1: Thunder in Her Veins

Title: The Mighty Thor, Vol. 1: Thunder in Her Veins
Author: Jason Aaron
Release: May 31, 2016
Rating:★ ★ ★
Pages: 136
Format: read in single issues 1-5
Series: Yes - The Mighty Thor
Summary: When Dr. Jane Foster lifts the mystic hammer Mjolnir, she is transformed into the Goddess of Thunder, the Mighty Thor! Her enemies are many as Asgard descends further into chaos, and unrest threatens to spread throughout the Ten Realms. Yet she wages her greatest battle against a far more personal foe: the cancer killing her mortal form. When Loki steps back into Thor's life, will it ease her troubles or only add to her pain? There's no such question about Malekith as he continues to fan the flames of a looming War of Realms -- when he isn't wedding planning, that is! And as Asgard is torn apart, the skies will shake in one of the bloodiest battles of all time: It's Thor vs. Odin like never before!
Collecting MIGHTY THOR (2015) #1-5. (goodreads)

Thoughts:
I wasn't really impress with this story line. I had a hard time actually enjoying it. I was surprise I lasted this long picking up this series. It did intrigue me that it was following Jane Foster as the new Thor but that didn't really pulled me even more into the story line. Thor story never interested me before. But when I found out that a woman would become the new Thor it did pulled me into wanting to read the story.

But not even that made me enjoyed the story line more. The art in the book is beautiful. I love Russell Dauterrman illustration and the coloring in these books but the story wasn't strong enough. I dislike Odin but that was always a thing I didn't like from the series. Also I didn't like the fact that they ended up going back and fort with the purpose of Loki.

I just wish there was more for the series. It just felt to much like every single comic book series. There was just a little hope of originality. But that is something that has become common in superhero books. I may pick up the second volume as a trade instead of single issues.

There really not much to say about the book than I a wish there was more. One thing I did like was that we did get a little more insight into Jane Fosters life and struggle being the new Thor. How she has to hide it and how she still struggles with her cancer. Even though she has the power of the Mjolnir doesn't mean that it will heal her without it. She will still be her after she releases the hammer which I think that is interesting.

You guys reading any comic books? Do you guys recommend any?

0 comments:

Post a Comment