Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Carrie by Stephen King

Carrie
Title: Carrie
Author: Stephen King
Release:April 5th, 1974
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 375
Format: Audiobook
Where to find it: Amazon | Bookdepository
Series: No
Summary: Carrie knew she should not use the terrifying power she possessed... But one night at her senior prom, Carrie was scorned and humiliated just one time too many, and in a fit of uncontrollable fury she turned her clandestine game into a weapon of horror and destruction...  (goodreads)

Thoughts: I have to start by saying that I love the format of how this book was written. The feel of the story of being a case study was really fascinating to me. I still can't stop thinking about this book even now.

What draws me into the story is the fact that this girl went through so much at school and no one ever came in and interfere with what was happening to her. No teachers, adults, students, no one helped her. I felt that they could have done something. But I also kept in mine in what time this book took place and I started thinking. People actually did go through these things in that time. People would get extremely bullied and that fact alone was scary.

What Stephen King capture in this book was not the horror that happen. It was the horror of what people do to another person.

As we follow Carrie we read that she just wants to be normal person and just wishes to be accepted. But the sad thing is she is not and wee see what that did to her through the novel and why she end up doing what she does in the end.

As an audiobook I really enjoyed it and like the narrator it was never to slow in pace and the voice pulled me into the story line.

I understand why this book is still one of Stephen King's best works and what is so amazing it was his first publish novel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment