Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Image Comics Review | Week 1/3-1/9

Saga #32 Title of the run: Saga
Author:Brian K. Vaughan
Artist: Fiona Staples
Issue #: 32
Release: December 23, 2015
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 28
Format: Single Issue
Where to find it: MidtownComics.com
Summary: When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous old universe. From bestselling writer Brian K. Vaughan, Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults.

Thoughts: I really can't say much about this issue because it will spoiled to story line for people that haven't read this ahead in the story. But I just have to say that I completely love this series. What Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples have create is just incredible. It just makes you wonder what else they could create together.

From the amazing story line to the breath taking art this book has everything. I love that what this story capture is what a family is willing to do to stay together. To keep the hope alive that they will be together no matter what.

If you are not reading this yet. Please pick it up. But do keep in mind that this does have adult themes and graphical images so it may not be for everyone if your not comfortable in those certain themes.

Paper Girls #4
Title of the run: Paper Girls
Author:Brian K. Vaughan
Artist: Cliff Chiang
Color Artist: Matt Wilson
Issue #: 4
Release: January 6th, 2016
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 30
Format: Single Issue
Where to find it: MidtownComics.com
Summary: In the early hours after Halloween of 1988, four 12-year-old newspaper delivery girls uncover the most important story of all time. Suburban drama and otherworldly mysteries collide in this smash-hit series about nostalgia, first jobs, and the last days of childhood.

Thoughts: What can I say about Paper Girls other than I am loving this series so far. I think that by this point Brian K. Vaughan can't do any wrong in my book. I have been devouring anything that I can get my hands on by him. His story telling in comics is so different and outside of the box.

I can't wait to get my hand on every issue in this series so far. I am always thinking and theorizing what will come next and when I get the issue is something completely different than what I expected. I like that you really don't know what is going on and in every issue you discover something new. I also love that it's set in 1988 (year I was born), another thing to love about it.

The art and the coloring in this book is just beautiful. It's a perfect balance. I am always so excited to see the colors that are use in this book. They are not drown in your face and it's just perfect for the story.

If you are not picking up this book yet. Please do because it's just amazing. And if you are waiting for the trade it will be coming out April 5th (amazon). I completely recommend to pick up. It's something you will not be expecting at all.


  

0 comments:

Post a Comment