Monday, May 16, 2016

Hawkeye, Vol. 6: Hawkeyes by Jeff Lemire

Hawkeye, Vol. 6: Hawkeyes
Writer:Jeff Lemire
Artist:Ramon Perez
Title: Hawkeye, Vol. 6: Hawkeyes
Release:June 28, 2016 (I own these in single issue)
Rating:★★★★
Pages: 136
Format: Volumes
Where to find it:
Series: Yes
Summary: Hawkeye and Hawkeye take aim at another season - but this time there's a twist! Arrows fly across two eras as a deep-seated rift stretches across time, bringing old man Clint and a wiser Kate back together to chase down mistakes from their past. But as the reluctantly reunited Team Hawkeye struggle to rebuild their trust, things get messy when their mission brings them face-to-face with the Mandarin! As tomorrow's Kate reunites with two former Young Avengers teammates, today's Clint finds himself estranged from his partner and paying a visit to his big brother Barney. What makes a hero and what breaks a hero? Hawkeye and Hawkeye experience both in a turbulent trip down memory lane that takes them back to the future!
COLLECTING: ALL-NEW HAWKEYE 1-6

Thoughts: This being the second volume of Lemires and Perez run I wasn't really happy going into it. Still feeling the lost of Matt Fraction and David Aja run. The run that made me love Hawkeye as a character and introducing me to his other half Kate Bishop, a kick as female character also with the alias of Hawkeye. But I think that this volume did amazingly well in bringing back what Fraction and Aja did in their run. Focusing on the characters themselves.

I was very hesitated in reading this volume but am happy I did. It gave me more of a background of the characters when they were younger which I did like. It also changed something I thought was happening in the last volume and was happy that it really didn't happened. That is the part I didn't like what they were making us believe that was going to happen that was throwing me off from finishing the run.

But I do recommend to reading this volume if you would like to get more insight in the characters pass and to just all in love with these two Hawkeyes friendship. Because the friendship between these two I think is what makes the story amazing.

Right now I am just waiting to see what happens after Civil War II event to be over to see what happens to these characters and where they are going to be after. Let's see who takes up the writing and the art of these amazing characters that are just human and want to do good in the world. Hoping for some more Hawkeye in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment