Thursday, January 7, 2016

Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley


Author: Bryan Lee O'Malley
Title: Seconds
Release: July 15th 2014
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pages: 323
Format: Hardcover
Where to find it: Amazon | Bookdepository
Series: No
Summary:Katie’s got it pretty good. She’s a talented young chef, she runs a successful restaurant, and she has big plans to open an even better one. Then, all at once, progress on the new location bogs down, her charming ex-boyfriend pops up, her fling with another chef goes sour, and her best waitress gets badly hurt. And just like that, Katie’s life goes from pretty good to not so much. What she needs is a second chance. Everybody deserves one, after all—but they don’t come easy. Luckily for Katie, a mysterious girl appears in the middle of the night with simple instructions for a do-it-yourself do-over… (goodreads)

Thoughts:

I received this book as a gift from Lindsey and I am so grateful. This graphic novel was just so amazing. I picked it up and finished it in one day. I just couldn't put it down. I was pulled into the story from the beginning till the end.



I really enjoy seeing how Katie developed as a character. Seeing how in the end she was willing to make the sacrifice of her dreams form the person that she loved.  The friendship that was develop with one of her waitress was amazing also. I love the way how the novel showed how much she actually cared for her. The friendship develop after an accident that occur in the kitchen was so cute.


It was comical at times which I also love. It was great seeing humor. But it was also great seeing a lot of emotions. The writer balances the emotions of the novel very well. I think that is sometimes hard to balance in stories.


The art in the novel is also amazing. I really liked how the characters where drawn and how the coloring of the book was. It really added to the novel. Art is a very important part of the story as it allows the readers to feel more emotion and the expressions in the characters faces allow me to feel what they were feeling in certain scenes of the story.  


I wish there was a little more to the story. So we could see more of their lives develop. I really recommend this story. I feel that this story express the idea that if you try and try to make things work for yourself only without caring about the outcome or others nothing will ever be resolve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment