Thursday, February 4, 2016

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

Title: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
Author: Morgan Matson
Release:May 3rd, 2011
Rating:★ ★ ★ ★
Pages:344
Format:Paperback
Where to find it: Amazon | Bookdepository
Series: No
Summary: Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way. (goodreads)

Thoughts: I have discover that I am very much a mood reader after reading this book. I have to be in the right mood to read a certain book and this book was read in the perfect time. In this book we follow the journey of Amy Curry as she sets on a task to travel across country to a new home after the death of her father with and old family friend Roger that she hadn't seen in year. In the story we follow her as she finds her self in the journey once again.

She come face with things that she hadn't face since the accident of her father. I was pulled into the story because it was just what I needed during the time. A quick contemporary story of individuals trying to find themselves and this story did that. I like the journey that Amy took in order to face what she had been trying to avoid. Each stop of her journey opening her up more and more to the person she was before her fathers death.

The relationship between Amy and Roger have during their road trip was entertainment to read and I really enjoyed it. It felt natural in a way.  However, the end game of their relationship I didn't really like. I didn't feel like that would happen so quickly. I felt that there needed to be more time for that sort of relationship. Specially after not really talking to each other after so many years.

One thing that I thought was really unique about the book (well at least to me) was the playlist that were in the book. I had never read a book with playlist before. I really love that and the music in the playlist were songs that I really loved.

I think if you like entertainment and character growth in a short amount of time this would be a great book to read. That is my only complain about the book. How Amy and Roger's relationship moved so fast. I wish there was more time in between their relationship. It would have felt a lot more believable. Another thing that I would have like to read more would have been the relationship between the family. That would have add more into the story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment